Thursday, May 19th, 2011
Residential Standing Seam Metal Roof Qualities
A residential standing seam metal roof is constructed from many interlocking metal panels that run vertically from the ridge to the eave of the roof. The interlocking seams (where the two panels join) are raised above the roof’s flat surface — resembling a little mountain peak — for easy water run-off.
Standing seam roofing is suitable for either spanning across purlins (horizontal roof beams that support the rafters) on typical spacing, or laid directly over rigid insulation and/or other roof types. Many combinations of panel widths, seam profiles, and rib heights provide extensive design flexibility. In addition, residential standing seam metal roofing comes in a variety of colors and sizes to achieve an array of visual effects to match your architecture.
Qualities of a Residential Standing Seam Metal Roof
A residential standing seam metal roof boasts many qualities and advantages that account for its popularity among Americans:
- 1) A standing seam residential metal roof requires next to no maintenance, and will not crack, shrink, erode, or perforate.
- 2) Standing seam roofing provides extreme weather protection, including durability against hail and rain, and resistance to high winds and heavy snow loads – it is the most stable form of roofing during hurricanes.
- 3) Standing seam metal roofs are 100% recyclable and fire resistant, meaning they will not burn or support combustion (in fact, our roofing has the highest commercially available fire resistance rating).
- 4) A raised seam metal roof is energy-efficient. With its highly reflective capability, it reduces the sun’s intensive heat thereby reducing cooling costs.
- 5) Residential metal roofing is made of lightweight materials that do not require additional framing, which means extra roof space for insulation for you.
- 6) A standing seam metal roof is fairly quiet having essentially the same noise level as asphalt, clay, or wooden roofs.
Our skilled professionals are able to install residential standing seam metal roofing extremely quickly. The quick installation and easy accessibility make a residential standing seam metal roof cost relatively inexpensive (particularly once you factor in the lifecycle of the roof); and it can even be installed over existing asbestos or asphalt roofs where local ordinance permit.
In Southern Wisconsin, Residents Please Call Metal Roofing Systems Toll Free: 855-678-ROOF (7663)
Madison Residents Call: 608-663-2687
Milwaukee Residents Call: 414-727-1810